Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The End

As one of the creators and a participant of the training, I'm pleased to say that I think we accomplished what we set out to do. The articles, videos, sites included were interesting, informative, and engaging. The assignments were worthwhile and all reasonable with the exception of Week 6, which involved much more work than the others and became frustrating. Overall, I'm proud of this training and its relevance to our work as librarians. The emphasis on recommending by appeal factor has changed the way I see many of my colleagues do RA, for the better.

Because of business demands of the branch, assignments did take longer to complete than anticipated. Future trainings of this nature should ideally begin in January or early February when things are less busy. Everyone is hit hard during the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment